1. -----Nancy is not coming tonight.
----- But she _____!
C. will promise
D. had promised
2. We've made some achievements, but there is still a long way _____.
B. to go
D. to be gone
3. Dr. Bethune began to work the _____ he arrived at the front.
4. ----- This pen isn't yours, is it?
A. Yes, it's not mine
B. No, yours is bigger
C. No, it's my friend's
D. Yes, mine's a red one
5. ----- Thanks for the_____ you did me to move away the stone.
----- That's all right.
6. She won't be afraid as _____ as you are here.
7. It isn't quite _____whether she will take the advice.
8. Shirley _____a book about China last year but I don't know whether she has finished it.
A. has written
C. had written
D. was writing