People from different cultures sometimes do things that make each other uncomfortable, sometimes without realizing it Most Americans ___1___ out of the country and have very ___2___ experience with foreigners. But they are usually spontaneous, friendly and open, and enjoy ___3___ new people, having guests and bringing people together formally or informally. They tend to use first names ___4___ most situations and speak freely about themselves. So if your American hosts do something that ___5___ you uncomfortable, try to let them know how you feel. Most people will __6__ your honesty and try not to take you uncomfortable again. And you’ll all __7__ something about another culture!
Many travelers find __8__ easier to meet people in the U.S. than in other countries. They may just come up and introduce themselves or even invite you over __9__ they really know you. Sometimes Americans are said to be __10__. Perhaps it seems so, but they are probably just __11__ a good time. Just like anywhere else, it takes time to become real friends __12__ people in the U.S.
-If and when you __13__ American friends, they will probably __14__ introducing you to their friends and family, and if they seem proud __15__ you, it’s probably because they are. Relax and enjoy it!
1. A) have never been B) have been never C) has never been D) has been never
2. A) a little B) little C) much D) a great deal
3. A) meet B) to meet Cㄘmeeting D) to have met
4. A) on B) among C) within D) in
5. A) makes B) make C) made D) making
6. A) praise B) honor C) appreciate D) confirm
7. A) pick B) -select C) learn D) study
8. A) this B) it C) them D) /
9. A) when