1. —May I take my pet dog with me into the cinema? —The rule says no. So you ________.
A. can B. mustn?t C. may D. needn?t
2. We hope that as many people as possible ________ join us for the charity show tomorrow.
A. need B. can C. must D. should
3. —Must I get up early tomorrow? —No, ________.
A. you mustn?t B. I don?t think you have to C. you can?t D. you need
4. —May I play computer games, mum? —No. You ________ finish your homework first.
A. will B. can C. would D. must 5. —Let?s go to the concert tonight, Michael!
—Sorry, I ________ . I have to help my mother with the housework.
A. mustn?t B. may not C. needn?t D. can?t
6. —Can you finish the work in two days? —Sorry, I ________. My computer doesn?t work.
A. don?t B. can?t C. mustn?t D. needn?t
7. —________ you speak Japanese? —No, I can?t.
A. Can B. Must C. May D. Should
8. If the traffic light is red, you ________ cross the road. It?s very dangerous.
A. don?t B. mustn?t C. needn?t D. wouldn?t
9. —May I use your ruler? —________.
A. Yes, please B. You are nice C. It doesn?t matter D. It was a pleasure
1 The girls asked if they ____ some food and drink with them.
A. took B. take C. takes D. will take