1. Q: What can pierce one's ears without a hole?
2. Q: If you had 5 dollars and gave away one quarter, and another quarter, and then still another quarter, how much would you have left?
quarter 四分之一; 二十五美分
3. Q: What bird lifts heavy things?
A: A Crane.
4. Q: What's the difference between the North Pole and the South Pole?
A: The whole world.
A world of difference 天壤之别
5. Q: What makes naughty boys long to work in a clock factory?
A: People make faces there.
make faces 做鬼脸; 做钟面
6. Q: What can I do to avoid falling hair?
A: Get out of the way where the hair's falling.
avoid falling hair有两种理解:防止头发脱落;避开(从上面)掉下来的头发
7. Q: What do girls find the easiest to part with?
A: A comb.
part with 放弃(尤指不自愿地); 用……分头路或发缝
8. Q: What kind of running means walking?
A: Running out of gas.
9. Q: What do elephants use to communicate with each other?
A: Big words.
10. Q: What makes fish the smartest animal in the world?
A: No one can pull its leg.
pull one's leg真正的含义是:使上当受骗
11. Q: What makes the little strawberry worried?
A: It's afraid to be in a jam.
12. Q: Something went wrong with the second hand of my watch. Where can I have it replaced?
A: In a second-hand store.
second hand 秒针
13. Q: Why are writers like postmen?
A: They are all men of letters.
men of letters 文人
14. Q: Why are chickens kept away from children?
A: Chickens use fowl language.
fowl language 音似foul language(脏话)
15. Q: Why do people go to bed?
A: Because the bed won't come to us.
16. Q: What's the best thing to take when you're run-down?
A; The license number of the car that hit you.
be run-down 身体不适
be run down 被撞到
17. Q: What stays hot even if put in a refrigerator?
18. Q: What is the best year for a kangaroo?
A: Leap year.
19. Q: What surprising things happen everywhere every day?
A: Day breaks without falling; night falls without breaking.
20. Q: What can't be used unless broken?