Answer the questions before reading the passage.
1. Do you always get to the railway station much earlier or just in time?
2. Do you think it is necessary to get to the airport much earlier? Why or why not?
Now read the passage to find out the author's attitude toward getting to the airport.
Getting to the Airport
1. After years of study, I have determined1 there are only two types of people in this world: those who get to the airport early and those who stroll in as the plane is about to take off.
2. If there were any justice in this world, the early-airport people would be rewarded for doing the right thing. And the late-airport people would be punished.
3. But there is no justice. The early-airport people get ulcers3, heart attacks and bite their fingernails to the bone.
4. The late-airport people barely are aware they are flying.
5. I once found myself in an airport bar with a man on the same flight as me. Our flight had been called three times, but he insisted we stay for another round.
6. "If we miss this one, there's always another plane in an hour," he said, signalling for two more drinks.
7. "To Dhahran, Saudi Arabia?" I said. "There isn't another flight for a week."
8. "I have a theory," he said. "If you miss your flight, it's because God didn't want you to go."
9. This is clearly a guy who is never going to get an ulcer2.
10. Early-airport people suffer another abuse. They are called exactly what